Pages

Friday, January 16, 2015

IMATS LA is HERE!

Hey y'all, me again.

Lots of beauty news lately! Since I have a three day weekend I decided I would take some time to talk about all the upcoming products and let you guys know what's coming out. Plus a co-worker was talking about her blog today, coincidentally reminding me that yes I still do have this blog. Since I'm obsessed with makeup and don't really have anyone IRL to talk to about my loves, the internet is the place for me. I spend much of my time watching YouTube beauty videos, reading blogs, and looking at pictures of makeup on Instagram. About two years ago when I first got interested in makeup I learned about a little thing called IMATS or the International Makeup Artist Trade Show.


From the IMATS website -  
"What better place to connect with working make-up artists than the historical hub for film and TV productions? IMATS established the world’s first-ever make-up artist show in Los Angeles in 1997. Here you can learn from and network with thousands of make-up artists working in film, TV, fashion and red carpet. Stock your kit or make-up bag by visiting any of the hundreds of exhibitors."
The event is happening this weekend in LA. There are also several other events happening throughout the world this year, so if it's anything you would be interested in definitely check out the website here

I absolutely would love to attend, and I am considering going to the event when it comes to Vancouver. I've heard there are such amazing things to do there, from learning about different brands, watching presentations by some of the best makeup artists in the business, and of course shopping for products (because we always need more makeup, ALWAYS!).

While my everyday makeup look is very simple and natural, I love experimenting with different colors and crazy looks. Below is an example of a bold lip using OCC's lip tar in I believe Tarred.

This is my VERY dramatic face, can you tell? A dark lip like this absolutely requires it.


Anyway, I'll be spending my weekend dreaming of IMATS, and of course watching videos all about the event. If you attend let me know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS